Monday, September 9, 2013

Courage

An experience I have had with courage is one that I am having right now. Right now, I am finding out having courage is harder than you think. Everyone is always thinking that they will build up this strong personality where they could stand up to a bully, or speak there mind, which I thought I could do. However right now, where I have to open up to a classroom full of students who I don't know and don't know me besides what they hear and what they see in school proves me wrong. Some might be able to sit here and wright about a personal courageous experience, some might be able to make one up, and some like me might be sitting here stumped thinking I don't want anyone to know that or this isn't believable. Opening up to how I feel right now is courageous. I have to be honest with myself.  Opening up to anyone is courageous and something I normally wouldn't do. Normally I would make up a story that other people would have found interesting or cool. This experience is courageous to me because it pushed me outside of my comfort zone, make me think about if wether or not I can build up the courage to open up, and made me think about not hesitating and just doing what i'm thinking not what would make me "socially acceptable".

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes there is a fine line between privacy and fear of judgment. No one should ever have to share something they don't want to, but they should also never hold back from sharing because they fear others will judge them. After all, there is always someone who wants to judge us but if we shrink from that then they control us, don't they? Authenticity is the goal in this space, and you achieved it.

    ReplyDelete